Friday, March 6, 2009
Today we went to the zoo. There were a lot of animals kept in cement cages. It was not a good home for the animals. There were too many animals for me to name so I just named my favourite one. My favourite animal was the bobcat. It was very tiny and looked a lot like Maggie’s cat. So I named it Nikki after Maggie’s cat. We bought some popcorn there that had sugar on it instead of butter. We saw some people feed the popcorn to the monkeys after we had ate half the bag. We wondered if we had just eaten animal food. I had fun at the zoo.
Saturday, March 7, 2009
We woke up early today to go to The Carrusel Parade. It was made up of horses, buggies and a few floats. We watched the parade from terrace at the Park Hyatt. There was food, drinks, dessert and a good spot to watch the parade from. You know how in London they throw candy off the floats? Well, Mendoza throws fruits and wine tetra packs. There was one float that threw full sized melons into the crowd and one lady got hit in the head by an apple.
Tonight we went to a show called Acocentral where they crowned the Queen of Mendoza the province. It was really late in the night and I slept through most of it. The bus ride there was 5 km and it took 2 hours to get there because of heavy traffic. We got there just as the show started. It was way too loud even though we sat at the back of the stadium. We watched 2 and ½ hours of dance followed by ½ an hour of voting and crowning the queen. Then we took our tour bus back to our vacation home. When we got home my brother ran across the street too fast and got his foot ran over by a car. His foot was fine, broken bones. I didn’t enjoy myself I wish I hadn’t gone.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment