By Katie
When we first arrived in Argentina what I thought about Argentina was a bit different then what I think now. I thought our house was going to be bigger and better than any of the houses I’ve stayed in. I was wrong. Our house was the worst yet. Every thing was so dirty and most of the lights didn’t work. Argentineans wake up at 7:30 or 8:00 to go to work till 1:00. All the shops close at 1:00 and don’t open again till 5:00. During that time everyone is having a nap, a siesta. All the shops open at 5:00 but the restaurants don’t open till 9:00! When walking along the wide sidewalks you must be very careful not to fall in the trenches made for water flow. You also have to be careful while crossing the streets because the cars have the right away.
~~¨~~
There are some things that I like about Argentina. For instance, I like the one-way streets because you only have to look one way before crossing. I also like their Carmel dolce (a Creamy Carmel sauce). The dinners were inexpensive and the very comfortable summer temperature lasted all day long and into the night. It might take me a while to adapt to Argentinean life but I think I’ll get used to it over time.
~~~~~~~~©~~~~~~~~~
On our Second day in Argentina we went on a wine tour of two wineries and 1 olive oil plantation factory. At the fist winery we had a short English speaking tour of the winery and then there was wine tasting for the adults. Their biggest barrel held 44,000 litres of wine, while the other smaller barrels held 6,000 litres each. The medium barrels held 15,000 litres of wine each. At the second winery we had a longer Spanish/English tour on the winery. That Tour also showed how they bottle them. Then we went to the olive oil tour. Did you know that…
Olive trees can live 400 years,
The olives at this plantation are hand picked,
Each tree at this plantation is 100 years old,
Each tree produces 15 litres of olive oil,
Each olive is 35% pit, 50% water and 15% olive oil,
And the olive tree doesn’t produce olives for the first 7 years.
After the olive oil tour we went to a tasting room and store where we tried (well I didn’t) sun dried tomatoes on bread drenched in olive oil and olive oil on bread.
~~¨~~
That night we ate at Tristan’s Place. I had spaghetti with cream sauce. Then we walked down to the park to watch a festival. The festival was to determine who was the “queen” of Mendoza City. There is another festival Saturday march 7 to determine who is the queen of Mendoza the province. We have tickets to see the second one.I still miss you.
![]() |
| mezdoza wineries and adines mountians |

Hi Katie,
ReplyDeleteYou must be having a fun time! We are interested in learning about all the different types of houses that you have seen and lived in. We don't think we would like those homes either.
Have you done any geocaching yet? Jack thinks geocaching is amazing!
Coulton wants to know if you have indoor plumbing?
Andre wants to know if there are floating snakes?
Matt M wants to know if you have seen any interesting animals in Argentina?
Troy thinks you should spell check before you submit your entries.
Matt S wants to know if you identified the brown thing in the water at the water fall?
We are wondering where in Argentina you are?
TTYL
Miss you - and love you!!
6C