I haven’t written a blog lately because I’ve been rather busy. So, I’m going to sum it all up in one blog entry. Lets see where should I start…
We arrived in port Douglas, Australia roughly 7 days ago. That day we settled in to our new vacation home, which is clean and roomy. My personal favourite vacation home so far. We are on the 3rd floor so it takes a while carrying all the suitcases up. On the bottom floor there are 3 pools. One pool is for adults only and it for quiet swimming. That pool is my least favourite. The second pool it a wading pool for little kids that is knee deep and is very small. The third pool is my favourite. The bottom is made of little pebbles cemented together. The pool has a shallow end and a deep end with 3 sitting ledges – one under a waterfall. There are two waterfalls one has a non-hot hot tub at the top with jets. The water is very clean but has the slightest color to it. It is connected to the wading pool but with a bride over top.
We have a big time difference between Australia and Canada. I don’t know the exact hours lets just say when it is Saturday in Canada it is Sunday in Australia. Any so we woke up the next day and apparently the Easter Bunny couldn’t find us in Australia. So we got a Toblerone from the store. That afternoon we went to Hartley’s crocodile adventures where my dad park under a tree and the car got covered in ants that are still there! Only my dad and brother went on the first tour though because it was so hot out that I didn’t feel good enough to go. After cooling down we went and saw a snake show followed by a crocodile attack show. It was really cool.
The 3rd day we were there it was the 14th in Australia – still the 13th Canada – that meant it was my brothers birthday. I gave him 20 dollars and my parents gave him a new t-shirt. We couldn’t celebrate his birthday well in Australia so we just let him pick the restaurant we went to that night. He picked a greek resterrant called Zeus.
The on 4th day we went snorkeling and scuba diving. well, my dad and me went scuba diving and my brother and mom went snorkeling.We saw really unniqe peices of coral and alot of differnt fish. we got to toch giant clams, sea eninmes, sea cuumbers and other things. the sea cucumber felt like a sponge. the sea enenime grabs your finger and pulled. the giant clam slow shut its mouth. it was very cool.
The next few days were just for relaxing. Yesterday we went on a drive through the rain forest and did a boat tour along with a walk through the jungle where we saw huge spiders. I’ve really enjoyed Port Douglas.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Katie, your blog is wonderful. What an experience you are having! We all miss you a lot at Mountsfield, but enjoy reading your entries. I am getting quite an education through your blog. My feet are starting to get itchy! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteMiss Ogilvie
awsome!!!!!!
ReplyDelete