Monday, January 12, 2009

Mon Jan 12/09
Do you like iguanas? I know I don’t! They creep me out.
Yesterday we went to an iguana farm down in French Harbour still in Rotan. At the farm there were over 3000 free roaming iguanas! The iguanas ranged in size from 1 to 4 feet long! My mom did not want to get close to any of them. The lady that was there let us feed them cabbage. When I was feeding one, my mean dad snuck up behind me and tickled my leg. Thinking he was an iguana I jumped in terror!

At the farm we also saw:
Monkeys in captivity (there cages were not very big)
Turtles (in a small swimming pool)
Barracudas and tarpon (caged in close to shore in the ocean)
And a badger (also in a small cage)
Although I had a great time I felt bad for the other animals in captivity.
P.S, I did not enjoy the long car ride there!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Katie...I'm glad your having fun.I miss you very much.The teachers keep asking questions about you.Did you even touch the iguana????I would!!!anyways cant wait to see you in June.....I MISS YOU!!!keep in contact From your best friend katelynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx klynn miss you too
    katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo complain about the animals in captivity yet you say the monkeys were your favorite thing about Roatan. Theose monkeys are not indigionous and are brought if for the purpose of having a petting zoo. The owners of the attration bring them in , stolen from the wild, so visitors as yourself can play with the captive monkeys. If they were native and free roaming it may be different but they are not.
    Glad you enjoyed the petting zoo more than any other of the great things roatan has to offer and at least you got to try chicken and french fries for the very first time.

    ReplyDelete